Our lawyers have worked with developers, operators and landowners in the industry for over 20 years across the UK. In that time, our team has assisted onshore and offshore windfarms, peak power plants and battery storage, waste to energy plants, solar farms, hydro schemes and anaerobic digestion plants. The team’s experience includes sales/acquisitions, securing rights under options to buy/lease, agreement for lease, leases, easements/servitudes, wayleaves, cable crossing and proximity Agreements and assisting throughout the financial close process. Examples include:
- Providing and implementing strategic advice to an investment fund to maximise the value of one of the UK’s largest portfolios of solar assets;
- Advising developers on behind the meter battery projects and co-location of batteries with generation assets;
- Negotiating numerous options and leases for solar, wind, anaerobic digestion, energy from waste and battery storage projects;
- Advising community groups on rooftop and ground mounted solar schemes;
- Supporting various developers through The Crown Estate bid process in Scottish and English waters;
- Negotiation of onshore lease agreements for substations, port agreements and interface agreements with the OFTO and onshore land rights for cabling and access; and
- Assisting on the financing and refinancing of UK renewable and energy projects, including due diligence, certificates of title and direct agreements.